Jamie and Sophie's Adventure

Jamie Longmore and Sophie Jones travel the world

Monday, August 27, 2007

Back Home

We are back home, safe and sound after the best year of our lives.
Our last day in Fiji was a bit of a waste of time, we waited around for ages to be picked up for our free 4x4 trip but due to stupidity on the driver and hotel's part we didn't get to go and had wasted the whole day but never mind, I don't think we missed out on too much.
We did a long flight to LA which was delayed an hour. We crossed the international date zone so I think we arrived before we had left if you see what I mean (travelled back in time).
We got a shuttle from LAX to "Venice Beach Cotel", not sure what cotel means but that's what it was. Venice Beach is a really bizarre place, it's basically a freak show. You can pay money to sit down and talk to the "World's greatest wino", you can watch a one armed, no legged, midget pushing himself around on a skateboard, there were dozens of palm readers and tattoo parlours. Everyone and I mean everyone had one of those tiny "dogs" that they carry around in their handbags (think Paris Hilton). We saw Muscle Beach, there were lots of old people that clearly used to have lots of muscles but sadly they had turned to fat, this didn't stop them walking around in nothing but some small pants and gold chains.
We did a coach tour of LA, seeing the sights including the walk of fame, though it took us a while to find any stars for people we had heard of. We saw the Hollywood sign, from a fair distance though. We went shopping and picked up some bargains. We also went to the funfair at the end of Santa Monica beach where I managed to smash a few plates with a baseball to win Sophie a cuddly monkey.
The next day we went to Disneyland which took 4 hours to get there on the bus (2.5 hours back) as people kept telling us to change at the wrong stops. We got in for free as I have a friend that works there so that was great, we had good fun going on the rides and of course meeting Mickey Mouse. We then went for some food and drinks with my friend Shaun and his wife.
On our last day we went to the J. Paul Getty museum which apparantly has lots of famous artworks. I hadn't heard of anything that we saw but it was a nice bit of culture for us anyway.
We flew at 9:40pm and arrived at around 4pm the next day.
So that's it, our adventure is over. I have truly had the most amazing time, doing things I never dreamed I'd get to do, meeting hundreds of great people (keep in touch guys) and seeing some of the most incredible things in the world. If you ever get the chance to go traveling, do it, you won't regret it.
I want to say a massive thanks to the people that helped me on this trip, my Mum & Dad, Grandma, Auntie Marie & Uncle Rob and especially to Sophie who reminded me what country we were in, told me where we were going and how we were getting there, looked after me when I was sick and injured, cooked some great meals for me and was always there for me whenever I missed my family and friends.
I'm not sure what's next, Sophie's got some job interviews lined up and I'm going on cricket tour tomorrow to Chester, then it'll be time for me to look for a job.
When I'm back off tour I'll sort through my 1000's of photos and put some proper galleries on here. I look forward to seeing you all and telling you tales from our year away.
Send me a text or email if your number has changed in the past year as I won't have it. My number's 07976 977 667
The End.


Post a Comment

<< Home